Melbourne is the destination city for this year’s event.
The host venue is Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) situated in the heart of the CBD.
Save-the-date: this two-day event will be held on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th July 2018.
‘It Starts With Us’ will provide attendees the opportunity to hear from, and network with, leaders in the field from across Australia, New Zealand, the USA and the UK. It will be a chance to share local and global knowledge about contemporary issues and effective clinical practice. This is the opportunity for Drug and Alcohol Nurses from across Australasia to seek inspiration from, and connect with, our esteemed colleagues.
The DANA Conference theme, ‘It Starts with Us’, asks us to consider our pivotal role as drug and alcohol nurses. We see the impact of alcohol and other drug misuse daily. We know that the impact of this is far more than just the physical consequences and recognise that we need to understand each of these to determine how best to look after those in our care. Hence ‘It Starts With Us’. We acknowledge that it is a time of change and a period of transition for our workforce and endeavour to support the development of the workforce of the future. It Starts with Us to steer this course.
Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the Conference are aligned with the National Drug Strategy (2017 – 2026), ‘to build safe, healthy and resilient …communities through preventing and minimising alcohol, tobacco and other drug-related health, social, cultural and economic harms among individuals, families and communities.’
The DANA ‘It Starts With Us’ Conference will:
- provide an opportunity for nurses to showcase their research
- build awareness among attendees about national and international issues, policies and strategies related to alcohol and other drugs
- increase knowledge about current research and how this translates into best clinical practice
- position DANA members for participation in discussions around alcohol and other drugs
- increase knowledge about the impact of alcohol and drug use
- network, engage and learn from consumers, colleagues, representatives from government and non-government agencies and key stakeholders
- strengthen drug and alcohol nursing workforce
Call for Abstracts: opening soon
Registration: opening soon
Program: under development
Accommodation: Great Central Melbourne location to be announced shortly
Check this site regularly for updates
Start planning your visit to Melbourne now. Click here to find out what is on offer in Melbourne and Victoria.