A vacancy exists in the Alcohol and Drug Contact Centre at St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney for a highly motivated Clinical Nurse Consultant (grade 2) with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team and provide specific support to our enhanced Drug and Alcohol Specialist Advisory Service (DASAS). This is a helpline service that offers free advice to NSW health professionals on the clinical management of their patients who have Alcohol and other Drug (AOD) concerns. The Clinical Nurse Consultant will be the main point of contact and advice for health professionals and will also work in collaboration with Alcohol and Drug Service Staff Specialists, Counsellors and Consultation and Liaison team.
Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care. The successful applicant will be expected to be able to:
• Provide phone line support provision and integration with the broader SVHN AOD clinical practice and clinical supervision.
• Provide Drug and Alcohol Specialist Advisory Service (DASAS) phone line support provision and integration; including triaging calls from clients (health professionals), providing general clinical advice and referring appropriately to staff specialists.
• Documentation of calls and advice given.
• Develop appropriate resources and promotional material.
• Provide ongoing comprehensive analysis of DASAS.
• Contribute to identifying clinical education needs and coordinate peer-review processes.
• Review and audit clinical records.
• Conduct regular audits and monitor operational activity.
• Initiate, develop and implement initiatives and projects which improve quality of service provided.
• Participate in research, as relevant to the role.
• Contribute to the strategic development of the DASAS service.
• Present information and updates of service at regular meetings and forums.
• Ensure a high standard of clinical documentation is maintained including maintaining privacy and confidentiality at all times.
Internal link (For current SVHA employees) click here.
External Link (For external employees) click here.
Applications close: 11 July 2019 11:59pm
Photograph supplied by hamish-weir-552017-unsplash