Who would have thought that this was possible? More change than most of us of have ever lived through; unsettling times indeed.
We are disappointed that we had to postpone this year’s DANA Australasian Conference and Nurse Practitioner Symposium due to the uncertainty around COVID-19 but this pales in comparison to what many of you are experiencing in workplaces and in your lives at the present time.
We are hearing about clients being cast adrift as health organisations get ready for a tsunami of COVID19 patients. We are hearing that in many instances there is no support for them. We are hearing about drug and alcohol nurses being redeployed to unfamiliar clinical areas. We are hearing that where D&A services are still being provided staff must cope with significantly increased workloads as patients in opioid treatment are released into the community from prison.
We are hearing about lives in disarray.
How can DANA help?
We ask that you share with DANA any initiative that can help support our clients or our colleagues. We will share it through social media. For instance:
- Nursing and Midwife Support is a 24/7 national support service providing access to confidential advice and referral. Click HERE.
- Smart Recovery provides free on-line addiction support meetings. Click HERE.
- Alcoholic Anonymous has on-line meetings. Click HERE.
Share with us your ideas.
In the mean time
- Stay brave
- Celebrate the small wins
- Keep giving
- Strengthen your connections
- Look after you own health (we need you)