The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a Registered Nurse – Alcohol & Other Drug (517284) vacancy.
Tasmania offers an envious lifestyle with some of the most amazing natural attractions, a wide range of opportunities, quality education systems, short commutes, exceptional local beer, wine and food.
Period of Employment:
Permanent, full/part time, day work, working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing ASAP.
Please note that part time hours may be considered.
- Provide a comprehensive, evidence-based clinical assessment, treatment and assertive case-management service to clients, and families/carers, who have issues with alcohol and/or other drugs.
- Undertake clinical documentation in line with organisational and professional requirements, including preparation of requested treatment reports.
- Participate in ongoing quality assurance programs, including approved research and the development and implementation of alcohol and other drug psychosocial treatment programs.
Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer of any new criminal convictions and/or if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
$64,928 to $89,743 pro-rata per annum in accordance with the Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $84,018 – $89,743 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4.
- Please note that a multidisciplinary allowance (MDA) for the difference between the relevant nursing classification and Allied Health Professional Level may be payable. Please discuss with the contact person to determine how this may benefit you.
- Attractive salary including salary packaging
- A multi-disciplinary work environment
- Family friendly workplace
Applicants are asked to address the selection criteria within the Statement of Duties. Apply online at www.jobs.tas.gov.au.
To find out more about these exciting opportunities, please contact
Alcohol and Drug Service Team Leader – North West
Phone: (03) 6464 3131
Email: [email protected]
Applications close: 10 July 2020
Vacancy No: 517284
DANA posts free job advertisements on behalf of third parties who seek to employ drug and alcohol / addiction nursing staff.
The information about the advertised jobs is provided by DANA in good faith based on information provided by the employer seeking staff. DANA does not screen employers or endorse their employment opportunities, work practices or services. It is the responsibility of each applicant to review and research each employment opportunity as well as verify the terms and conditions of employment with the employer.