Position Title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Status: Maximum Term Full Time up to 3 years
Hours per week: 38 hours per week
Position Grade: Health Services Manager Level 3
Salary: $113,735.0 to $129,658.0
Enterprise Agreement: The NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Health Employees Agreement 2019
Department Name: Alcohol and Drug Service
The Clinical Research Coordinator position coordinates established clinical research projects, and will initiate new projects. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating clinical trials and research for participants in alcohol and other drugs, with emphasis on methamphetamine and emerging drugs of concern. The incumbent will coordinate care required in accordance with the clinical trial protocol with other members of the multi-disciplinary team; and will undertake measures and assessments as required by the study protocols and standard of care procedures. The incumbent will ensure the safe and ethical conduct and implementation of clinical trials and research studies as per the HREC/SSA requirements, hospital standard operating procedures and research protocols in collaboration with the lead investigators on each study / trial. The incumbent will also prepare grant proposals, reports, and participate in preparing and submitting articles for publication. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring reporting deadlines are met, preparing grant applications, and collaboratively producing high quality research reports and manuscripts. The Clinical Research Coordinator will work closely with their counterpart at SVHM to promote collaborative research across the two sites.
Position duties include:
- Coordinate clinical research at St Vincent’s Hospital in the Alcohol and Drug Service in Sydney
- Coordinate and liaise with the St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne Department of Addiction Medicine and its counterpart position, the Clinical Research Coordinator, to effectively pursue collaborative research opportunities across the two sites.
- Provide leadership in the design, development, conduct, analysis and reporting of clinical trials and clinical research projects
- Prepare and submit high quality grant proposals and manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed literature.
- Prepare and submit clinical research protocols to the HREC and Research Governance Office for approval
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent’s Health Australia
- Nursing Registration with AHPRA or other Health Profession
- Tertiary level education to at least Masters level in a health related field.
- An understanding of complex clients and drug and alcohol settings.
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills, including publications, reports and grants.
- Proven excellent oral and written communication, demonstrating an ability to consult, influence and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, and the ability to adhere to deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven strategic, analytical and problem solving skills and a demonstrated understanding of the research and evaluation processes.
Applications close 1.11.2020. Find out more by clicking HERE.