This exciting position with QuIHN is part time – 30 hours per week
QuIHN is a statewide, not for profit, and non-government health service which provides a variety of health services to illicit drug users throughout Queensland across three service areas:
- Therapeutic Services;
- Harm Reduction Services; and
- Better Access Medical Clinic.
About the role
Provide high quality nursing services to patients through collaboration with other clinical staff and under delegation from the Nurse Practitioner Alcohol and Other Drugs.
Clinical Services and management of Nurse Treatment area, including:
- Provide specialised nursing services to specific client populations including: Alcohol and Other Drug Use; Blood borne viruses (Hepatitis and HIV); Sexual Health; Mental Health; Vulnerable and marginalised.
- Conduct clinical triage of clients, nursing assessment and management of patients
- Gather patient history (i.e. family, social, occupational, alcohol, smoking, recreational drug use, medical, surgical, and sexual/reproductive history)
- Perform clinical duties within required level of clinical competency, according to best available evidence and scope of practice, e.g. triage, immunisations and other injections, collection of pathology samples, and Alcohol and Other Drug assessments
- Complete nursing components of withdrawal management plans, Case Conferences, Multidisciplinary Team Meetings and provide associated nursing follow-up
- Manage client and administrative data according to established procedures
- Management of nurse treatment room
What we’re looking for
Someone who is passionate about their work and the health outcomes of both clients and the broader community and can demonstrate –
- Registered Nurse and current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience in Alcohol and Other Drug setting or relevant experience e.g. mental health or acute setting nursing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Current Queensland driver’s licence (or equivalent)
- Ability to achieve successful police check
- Additional experience within one or more of QuIHN clinical special interest areas (i.e. blood borne viruses, sexual health, mental health, vulnerable and marginalised populations) is also desirable
Apply via Seek click HERE
DANA posts free job advertisements on behalf of third parties who seek to employ drug and alcohol / addiction nursing staff.
The information about the advertised jobs is provided by DANA in good faith based on information provided by the employer seeking staff. DANA does not screen employers or endorse their employment opportunities, work practices or services. It is the responsibility of each applicant to review and research each employment opportunity as well as verify the terms and conditions of employment with the employer.