Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Manager Grade 4
Remuneration: $2521.00 to $2565.30 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ227377
This recruitment may be used to fill future positions via an eligibility list for permanent, full time, part time, temporary and casual positions.
What you’ll be doing
The Drug and Alcohol Services (DAS) / HIV and Related Programs (HARP) Nurse Manager has professional and operational clinical responsibility for the provision of high quality, safe clinical nursing services including the management of nursing workforce and related issues that may impact on clinical and/or operational outcomes. The position has a focus on service improvement and positive workplace culture that achieves improved patient outcomes, sustainable access and collaboration in provision of health care.
Fundamental roles of the Nurse Manager are;
- Responsible for the overall management of nursing services across Drug and Alcohol and professional oversight of the HIV and Related Programs which includes the Sexual Health Service.
- Lead and manage nursing services in the achievement of professional and organisational standards of nursing practice, patient care and patient experience.
- Ensure safe and efficient patient flow practices within the Service and contribute to strategic patient flow planning in consultation with facility/community Directors of Nursing and Midwifery and Patient Flow Managers.
- Enhance organisational performance through coordination of care, effective models of care and the integration of corporate and clinical practice initiatives.
- Lead positive workplace culture through practice development, teamwork and transformational leadership that contributes to improved patient and organisational outcomes.
- Work with the Service Manager in monitoring and evaluation of performance review and professional development programs for Nursing Unit Managers and Nursing Leaders.
- Provision of information and advice to the Service Manager, Head of Department, Director of Community Chronic and Complex Care and Directors of Nursing and Midwifery on operational issues from a professional and Directorate perspective.
- Actively participate in CCLHD and state-wide activities that promote nursing and relevant clinical practice initiatives.
- Provide enhanced clinical and operational support to the Service Manager, in addressing the key issues identified within the strategic plan, namely the use of evidence based models of care and service frameworks to provide a cohesive and integrated health service.
The Nurse Manager identifies nursing and corporate risks in the operational management of D&A/HARP and makes timely decisions to implement appropriate strategies that maintain service delivery and safety within a risk management framework. The position has a leadership role in terms of organisational culture, standards of care, patient flow, service delivery, financial management, change management and implementation of best practice.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Steven Childs on 4394 4880 or email [email protected]
Applications Close: Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 11.59pm
You are encouraged to complete applications on a week day where Technical Support is available Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm by phoning ROB Help Desk on 1300 679 367.