Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
The Savaton Army is looking for compassionate people who share their mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
They are seeking values-driven and dedicated Registered Nurses reporting to the Team Leader. You will provide specialised withdrawal management (detox) nursing services, clinical assessments, mental and physical health care, referral for addiction medical assistance as required to people undergoing detox, within a safe and culturally appropriate manner.
There are multiple casual positions available at our Townsville Recovery Services Centre, Rowes Bay.
You will successfully
- Support and liaise with visiting medical officers and other medical officers (MO) as needed
- Dispense and administer medication to manage withdrawal symptoms as per the Guidelines
- Provide support to clients experiencing mental health conditions
- Provide admission and discharge and maintain case notes and other required documentation for handover at the change of shifts and
- Prepare client rooms regularly
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
You will have
- Tertiary qualification in Nursing and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and demonstrated competence in nursing in the alcohol and other drugs nursing environment, including working with people with mental health conditions
- Demonstrated current knowledge of the Guidelines and issues relating to withdrawal management
- Demonstrated skills in triage, medical assessment, decision making and providing appropriate nursing interventions and provide crisis support
- Demonstrated competence in infection control procedures
- Willingness and ability to work overnight shifts
- A drivers licence
- A willingness to undergo a National Police check
Applications close: 22.12.2021
Find out more. Click HERE.