QuIHN is a statewide, not for profit, and non-government health service which provides a variety of health services to illicit drug users throughout Queensland across three service areas:
- Therapeutic Services;
- Harm Reduction Services; and
- Better Access Medical Clinic.
About the role
Part time – 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
Additional hours available based on business needs
Maximum term contract based on funding
Registered Nurse – Outreach, provides an outreach nursing service, that operates within the Registered Nurse Scope of Practice, to vulnerable and marginalised populations, with a specific emphasis on people who use substances that may be harmful.
Clinical Services and management of Nurse Treatment area, including:
- Conduct clinical triage of patients, nursing assessment and management of patients.
- Gather patient history relevant to the requirements of brief intervention in an outreach capacity
- Perform clinical duties within scope of practice; e.g. wound management, chronic disease management
- Work collaboratively with outreach nurse program staff to improve the outcomes for patients
- Manage patient and administrative data according to established procedures
What we’re looking for
Someone who is passionate about their work and the health outcomes of both clients and the broader community and can demonstrate –
- Registered Nurse and current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- 1+ years nursing experience in an outreach capacity
- Immunisation and vaccination accreditation by
Australian College of Nursing or other recognised
vaccination and immunisation accreditation
- Demonstrated experience working with alcohol and other drug use
- Ability to understand the needs of vulnerable populations that access QuIHN services
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop networks and work collaboratively
- Additional experience within one or more of QuIHN’s
clinical special interest areas i.e. blood borne viruses, sexual health, mental health is also desirable
- Current professional indemnity insurance
- Current Queensland driver’s licence (or equivalent)
Applications close Monday 17 January 2022, however the position may be filled before that time.
Find out more. Click HERE.