DANA is inviting experienced Drug and Alcohol Nurse Practitioners to apply to join their mentoring team.
The Connecting, Coaching and Changing Lives Program is a series of Clinical Support and Mentoring Workshops that have been designed specifically for:
• recently endorsed Nurse Practitioners (NPs)
• NPs seeking increased support
• NP Candidates and / or Transitional NPs who already work within the Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Sector
• nurses enrolled in a Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) program
• or NPs who work in other clinical settings with people who have an AOD use disorder.
The Program offers clinical education as well as a group mentoring experience.
The program will be officially launched online on Thursday February 24th, 2022, at 6:00pm (AEDT) or 5:00pm (AEST). Workshops will begin in March 2022.
Why be a Mentor?
This is an opportunity for Drug and Alcohol Nurse Practitioners to share their professional and personal skills and experiences in a structured way. As a mentor you have the potential to change someone’s life as well as provide professional guidance to the next generation of Nurse Practitioners.
Characteristics of a good mentor
• relevant clinical experience
• a collaborative network
• enthusiasm and approachability
• open to learning and growth
• good at delivering feedback
• caring about the development of others.
Are mentors paid?
In keeping with the ethos of this a trailblazing project, mentors will be appropriately remunerated by DANA.
Like to know more?
Please complete the Expression of Interest. Click HERE.
Applications close January 24th 2022