Join the Uniting Medically Supervised Injecting Centre (MSIC) to work on the cutting edge of drug health services!
Are you passionate about public health and social justice? Do you support harm reduction and strive to improve the lives of marginalised people who inject drugs? Are you able to work flexibly and creatively in a non-traditional public health setting? Then come and join the team at Australia’s first supervised injecting facility, the Uniting MSIC.
Uniting MSIC is currently recruiting Registered Nurses for Casual and Permanent Part Time positions.
The successful candidate(s) will be available to work evening shifts from 6-10pm weekdays.
There will also be the opportunity to cover some additional day and weekend shifts depending on roster cover requirements.
We are seeking applicants with experience in the Drug and Alcohol and/or Mental Health sectors.
Successful recruitment will be based on your ability to meet the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Current Registered Nurse with AHPRA and at least two years post graduate experience
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimization, Social Justice and the service delivery model of the Medically Supervised Injecting Centre
- Ability to work in a demanding and changeable environment
- Understanding of the health, social and legal issues related to injecting drug use and marginalised populations
- Knowledge of safer injecting practices, opioid overdose management and brief interventions
- Understanding of the legislative, policy framework and values underpinning MSIC’s operation
- Computer competence including word processing and the use of clinical databases
- Experience in drug and alcohol, mental health or emergency nursing
- 2 years’ experience working with people who inject drugs
This is an opportunity for you to work in a supportive, flexible and friendly work environment, and gain experience in Australia’s first supervised injecting centre.
For a confidential in-depth discussion or for more information please contact Nursing Unit Manager Julie Latimer on 02 9360 1191.
Find out more. Click HERE.