- Job Title: Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- Location: Burleigh Heads, QLD
- Base Pay: $38.69 – $46.21 / Hour
- Other Compensation: Super 10% + Salary Packaging
- Employee Type: Part-Time
- Job Category: Clinical Services
- Required Degree: 3 Year Degree
- Manage Others: No
- 19 to 22.8 hours part-time (12-month contract)
- No shift work required and flexible working hours
- Above Award hourly rate up to $46.21 + Super + Full salary packaging up to $18,540 / year
About Lives Lived Well
We are a progressive, for purpose organisation, delivering leading edge clinical services aimed at supporting people to live their lives well. Mental health concerns and alcohol and drug dependency can make life really tough – and too often people find themselves grappling with economic challenges and social isolation as well. Our driving belief is that “with the right support people can change”.
About the role
We offer a great work life balance. This role does not require shift work and there is an option to work flexible hours. Ideally we are looking for a candidate who is able to work between 19 and 22.8 hours per week (3 days per week).
As a Registered Nurse in our practice, you will hold responsibility for overseeing the general health and wellbeing of the resident population at Mirikai residential service. Our residents will present with AOD dependency and a broad range of associated psychological and physiological issues including complex co-morbidities.
You will become part of a dedicated team and be able to draw on the support of the addiction team including a psychiatrist to provide the best care to our patients.
You will thrive in this opportunity to:
- Coordinate the referral, intake, and assessment process for new clients.
- Lead the formulation of a shared care plan with the treating GP.
- Monitor the physical and psychological condition of clients who are receiving withdrawal support.
- Support our live-in residential clients and provide practice nurse support within our specialist private practitioner clinic.
- Manage referrals to a primary GP and coordinate acute care hospital admissions where necessary.
- Participate in case conferencing with the primary GP, clinicians, and other agencies.
The hourly rate of pay is $38.69 to $46.21 depending on experience. Full salary packaging up to $18,540 per year.
You will be an experienced RN who is dedicated to make a change in our client’s journey to recovery. Your ability to working autonomously and collaboratively in a team will ensure success in the role. You will also demonstrate the following:
- Competence in the provision of client-centred nursing care.
- Contemporary knowledge of drug and alcohol withdrawal, including psychopharmacology.
- Skills in clinical assessment, decision making, and providing nursing interventions.
- Proven capacity to work flexibly in a team within a community-based setting.
- Ability to provide crisis support and referral.
Find out more. Click HERE.
Apply today! Applications close Monday 28th February