Malvern Private Hospital
Malvern Private Hospital is a fully credentialed hospital leading the way in Trauma Informed Recovery models of care. Malvern is a patient focused model, providing a unique treatment program based on contemporary neuroscience and depth-psychological models of the mind, focusing on the developmental, emotional and traumatic reasons for the presenting addictions.
Malvern is a 33-bed inpatient unit and supports the patients journey with early and ongoing recovery outpatient programs. Malvern believes in abstinence-based recovery utilizing tools and practices from the Minnesota Model of Care.
Malvern has a strong multi-disciplinary approach to treatment, medical specialists with psychiatric, general and addiction specialties. 24/7 nursing and tertiary qualified and credentialed therapy team.
About the Opportunity:
Become a member of the leadership team within a leading and diverse healthcare model, providing trauma informed, psychotherapeutic programs to some of our most vulnerable members of society, struggling with addiction.
Reporting directly to the Hospital Director/Director of Nursing, the Program Manager is a key senior leadership position within the multi-disciplinary team at MPH. The role plays an integral part in supporting a strong team of trauma informed therapists, coordinating with nursing and medical teams to support and design the delivery of treatment using a humanistic approach, within a safe environment that provides clear communication that allows the clients to open their minds to change and innovation within their lives.
- Leadership: Provide strong leadership to our therapy team, ensuring clear communication utlising strong listening, verbal, and written skills.
- Supporting their development and mental health by providing supervision between formalised sessions
- Workforce Planning: Competence to roster and coordinate a team with continual review of the program and content to ensure it is up-to-date, relevant and effective
- Operational Direction: Close liaison with nursing, medical and support services to ensure seamless continuity of care from access to exit of the program.
- Supporting the Therapy team to deliver 1:1 therapy, group therapy, appropriate allocation patients to therapist, management of feedback and support development of individual goals of care.
- Combining Business and Clinical directions: Integral involvement in the weekly Multidisciplinary team meetings and discharge planning process, to ensure continuity review and development of the program
- Governance: Awareness of a governance framework to ensure involvement in work health and safety ensuring ongoing accreditation within the National Health Standards
- Corporate Communication: Involvement and contributing to periodical senior manager meeting with concise and informed written report and participation in meetings
- Tertiary qualification in therapy with credentialing under governing body – APHRA, PACFA or ANZACATA
- Clinical knowledge and experience to support therapy team within a trauma informed psychotherapy program through 1:1 support, supervision and escalation if required.
- Skill and Experience that provides proven outcomes in leadership, respect, workforce management and a strong understanding of teamwork.
- Knowledge and Experience in mental health, addiction, and trauma therapy programs, modalities and services
- Skill and experience in individual and team therapies, utlising a multi-disciplinary network
- Strong verbal, written and IT skills
- Understanding of the quality framework of healthcare services using National Healthcare Standards and Mental Health Standards to deliver high quality, safe and effective patient care
- A considered open, honest, and proactive attitude toward maintenance of a strong program, growth of developing opportunities with use of innovative planning and development
The successful applicant will work within a positive, productive, and encouraging leadership team and be strongly supported by an engaged and patient centred clinical team.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide National Police Check and Current fill COVID 19 vaccination status.
Malvern Private Hospital is an equal opportunity employer where we don’t just accept differences but honour and encourage their experiences. We are excited to receive your application
For a confidential discussion or to place an application please contact Suzanne George [email protected]
Application close on 28/11/2022