Uniting NSW & ACT – Sydney NSW
Are you passionate about public health and social justice?
Do you support harm reduction and strive to improve the lives of marginalised people who inject drugs?
Are you able to work flexibly and creatively in a non-traditional public health setting?
Then come and join the team at Australia’s first supervised injecting facility, the Uniting MSIC. This is an opportunity for you to work in a supportive, flexible, and friendly work environment, and gain experience in Australia’s first supervised injecting centre.
About the opportunity
Uniting MSIC is currently recruiting Registered Nurses for Casual and Part-Time positions. We are seeking RN’s preferably with experience in the Drug and Alcohol and / or Mental Health sectors.
- Current Registered Nurse with AHPRA and at least two years post-graduate experience
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimization, Social Justice and the service delivery model of the Medically Supervised Injecting Centre
- Ability to work in a demanding and changeable environment
- Understanding of the health, social and legal issues related to injecting drug use and marginalised populations
- Knowledge of safer injecting practices, opioid overdose management, and brief interventions
- Understanding of the legislative, policy framework and values underpinning MSIC’s operation
- Computer competence including word processing and the use of clinical databases
- Experience in drug and alcohol, mental health, or emergency nursing
- 2 years’ experience working with people who inject drugs
We are looking for RN’s to fill the following shifts: Weekdays 9.30-6pm / 1.30-10pm / 6-10pm
There will also be the opportunity to cover some additional day and evening shifts depending on roster cover requirements.
For a confidential in-depth discussion or for more information please contact Nursing Unit Manager Julie Latimer on 02 9360 1191.
Closing Date: December 9, 2022
Interviews will take place on: December 14, 2022
We encourage you to visit and to come for a tour of the service prior to submitting an application. Contact Julie Latimer, NUM to arrange a time. Also, for more information visit our webpage on www.uniting.org/msic