DANA has introduced the Innovative Practice Awards program to showcase diversity in drug and
alcohol nursing practice.
The awards program will showcase alternative models of care or service delivery that are patient
focussed and use novel means to provide high quality care to people who use alcohol and other
We seek entries that reflect new, novel, or nonstandard approaches to achieving patient goals.
The winner and runner up will be awarded prize of $3000 and $1500 respectively. The DANA
Innovation Awards are proudly supported by Indivior (please note that Indivior has no say in the
judging criteria or the selection of the winning award recipients).
Eligibility and selection criteria
• The Innovative Practice Awards program is open to all DANA members (you can join now. Click HERE).
• The innovative practice needs to be relevant to patient care.
• Entrants must be able to demonstrate that they have gained consent from any participants
appearing in their video(s)
• You may submit several entries if you wish but a separate entry form (see entry form ) will
be needed for each entry.
Applications that do not provide this information will not be considered.
How to apply
Provide a short (up to five minute) video clip showcasing your innovative practice in either category.
Submit an entry form. (Click HERE.)
Determination of winners
Entries will be judged by a member vote, with videos available for viewing on the DANA YouTube channel.
- Innovation (this could be adapting an original idea, service approach or research finding to practice. It might include improvements in processes, work systems, staff engagement, student placement and so on)
- Impact of the innovative practice (defined as the ability to reach a wide range of healthcare users and stakeholders)
- Novelty of the model (defined as being significantly new and different).
Votes will be collated, and the winners (by vote count) will be awarded the Innovative Practice Award at the DANA ‘Looking forward/ Looking back’ conference in Adelaide in August 2022.
Conditions of entry
The winner and runner up will be asked to participate in an interview to be published in DANA’s monthly newsletter and social media. Their entry will need to remain on the DANA YouTube site. The winner will be asked to present on their model at DANA events.
Nominations open: 1 June 2022
Nominations close: 15 July 2022
Winners announced: 4th August 2022 (at the DANA Conference)
Need some help?
Are you new to video production? You might find these YouTube presentations helpful.
If you use an Android, click HERE. This is a short, straight forward video. The most useful information starts at 2:30 minutes.
If you are using an iPhone, click HERE. This runs for about 10 minutes but simply covers everything that you might want to know about video production.