Clinical Nurse Specialist (Drug & Alcohol)
3 days/week, flexible work days
- Contract until December 2019, starting ASAP
- Develop your career within a global organisation
Opportunity for an experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist to work within our specialised Drug & Alcohol unit.
International Health and Medical Services (IHMS)
We provide primary and mental health care to people in immigration detention in Australia. IHMS delivers health care in a professional manner that is: medically appropriate, without any form of discrimination, with appropriate dignity, humanity, cultural and gender sensitivity; and with respect for privacy and confidentiality.
We are seeking an experienced Drug & Alcohol Clinical Nurse Specialist for a part-time (3 days/ week) contract at our Maribyrnong Detention Centre. You will be managing and leading a recovery program for clients identified with substance and alcohol dependencies.
The ideal candidate
- Must hold current AHPRA Registration as a Div 1 Registered Nurse
- Postgraduate qualifications in Drug & Alcohol
- Minimum of 3 years recent clinical experience working with people with drug and alcohol dependency issues; with a focus on opiate substitution programs
- Advanced clinical assessment skills and management of alcohol and drug issues
- Good knowledge of Self-Harm Minimalisation principles
- Previous experience managing and leading a recovery program
- Current BLS
IHMS welcomes you to apply via this link.
or by sending your updated resume and cover letter to Elisabet.Coll@ihms.com.au
Only Australian / New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents with AHPRA registration will be considered