The DANA Conference Committee is delighted to let you know that we have been able to re-schedule the one-day forum, Creating the New Normal: Drugs and Alcohol, Everyone’s Business, to February 25th, 2022. The venue is the The Canberra Rex.
After two postponements we are all really excited at the prospect of networking face to face with delegates. To celebrate we have planned a networking event to take place immediately after the forum concludes. It will be held in the Swan and King bar.
Early bird registrations are open until January 12th 2022. Click HERE.
If you have already purchased tickets to either of the postponed events (and you have not requested a refund) then your registration will automatically roll over.
The program will feature presentations and discussions such as:
- A welcome address by the ACT’s Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer, Mr Anthony Dombkins
- Keynote address by Ms Jennifer Holmes
- Three emerging models of care presented by drug and alcohol nurses, CNC Linda Wigginton, NP Lucinda Scopelliti and CNS Sue Anderson
- The COVID-19 experience from a treatment and service user’s perspective
- DANA research into the impact of COVID-19 on the work of drug and alcohol nurses
- The establishment of drug courts in the midst of COVID-19
- Legal decision making
- The impact of community advocacy.
The final program is still under development, so there is more to come.
The Canberra Rex Hotel 150 Northbourne Ave, Braddon ACT 2612. There is complimentary parking, subject to availability and there is ample street parking as well. The Ipima Street light rail stop is located in front of the hotel.
DANA members are eligible for discounted tickets so make sure that your membership is up to date (you will be prompted for your membership number when you register). If you are not sure you can send an email to [email protected]
Not a DANA member? There is still time to join. Click HERE.
The DANA Conference Committee looks forward to welcoming you to DANA’s 2022 event.
As we all know, the COVID-19 pandemic is dynamic and unpredictable. We will endeavour to hold the forum on this date; however, we are aware that restrictions may mean that we need to postpone to a future date. In this situation, DANA will attempt to secure a future date in 2022 and is committed to running the one-day forum as soon as possible.
Hope to see you there!