The theme for the 2013 ATCA Conference: “Building Communities”, invites and challenges us to engage in a wide ranging dialogue around the phenomenon of community – one that courageously explores the options and implications of moving beyond a restricted and limiting conceptualization of the term. Keynote speakers including Rowdy Yates, Senior Research Fellow, University of Stirling, A/Prof David Best, Turning Point Alcohol & Drug Centre and Kate Carnell, CEO, Beyondblue.
· Precious Inheritance: the enduring legacy of the therapeutic community and its role and value in a changing world
· Social Connections and Identity Transitions
· Development of a Family Inclusive Framework
· Mental Health and AOD – Responding to the challenges and working in partnership
· Influence of Social Connection on treatment outcomes
· Treatment related changes in Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
· The ATCA Standard: Reviewer Training: Rebecca Davey & Barry Evans
· Using Motivational Interviewing with Groups: Dr Joel Porter
· TC Practice: An Experiential Workshop: Dr Lynne Magor-Blatch
Pre Conference Site Tours to Brisbane and Gold Coast Therapeutic Communities including Fairhaven, Mirikai, Goldbridge and Logan House.
Register now http://events.atca.com.au/