Drug and Alcohol Nurse – Bimberi
Closes: 20 December 2021
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 2
Salary: $94,409 – $100,061 plus superannuation
Position No: 52416 – 01ZKF
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 06 December 2021
Contact Officer: Amanda Chase on [email protected] or 5124 2523
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: https://www.health.act.gov.au/
To Provide specialised AOD nursing care for young persons at Bimberi Youth Justice Centre (BYJC). The AOD BYJC nurse will be responsible for the treatment and management of all AOD related issues, including the identification of a Young person (YP) who may be at risk of substance misuse issues, so early intervention can be initiated, and the compilation of a comprehensive discharge plan.
The AOD BYJC Nurse will complete comprehensive and personalised substance misuse program catered to the needs of the YP whilst in BYJC. A Program that assists in the development of through-care and follow up support services in the community upon release.
- Be flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with a changing working environment.
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information and make decisions.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to develop procedures as required. Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Relevant registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum of three years experience working professionally in Alcohol and Drug services is preferred
- Understand how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
- Find out more. Click HERE.