The GWAHS have the following positions available (click on each job title for a PDF of the job description):
Drug & Alcohol Consultation Liaison Nurse, PN: 51711
Wagga Wagga Community Health Centre
Temporary Full Time – 76 hpfn
Clinical Nurse Consultant Grade 2
Salary: $83,726 – $85,384 pa
The Drug & Alcohol Consultation Liaison Nurse (D&A CLN) position promotes a patient centred approach to working with patients who are affected by drug and alcohol use and / or related conditions. The D&A CLN will be a member of the Wagga D&A Team, and the broader D&A area wide senior nurses team.
The D&A CLN will aim to build workforce capacity at Wagga Wagga Base Hospital emergency department, the acute care mental health service (i.e. Gissing House and the Mental Health Emergency Care Support Centre) and in the ward settings to effectively and efficiently respond to patients with co-morbid D&A and mental health conditions.
The D&A CLN will build productive relationships between D&A, hospital and mental health service staff to benefit patients accessing these services.
Enquiries: Gail Legg Senior Nurse Manager, 02 4474 1588, email@example.com
Closing Date: 17/04/2008
“Anex is a dynamic and growing organisation delivering workforce development and policy advice to government, business and the health sector on drug related issues.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced individual to be responsible for the development and delivery of a range of workforce development projects.
The successful applicant will possess relevant qualifications and at least two years experience working in the alcohol and other drugs field. Excellent presentation and communication skills and flexibility for occasional long work hours and interstate travel are essential.
Salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and expertise. With full salary sacrifice the equivalent gross annual salary is approx. $72K including statutory superannuation.
Position description is available at www.anex.org.au.
For further assistance please contact:
Suite 1, Level 2
600 Nicholson Street
Fitzroy North Vic 3068
Ph: +61 3 9486 6399
Fax: +61 3 9486 7844″
“Odyssey House McGrath Foundation is a not for profit organisation that provides rehabilitation services to individuals with drug, alcohol and gambling dependencies.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse and an Enrolled Nurse (prefer Medication Administration, however not essential) to join our Withdrawal Unit located in the Western Suburbs.
Both positions are full time, seven days a week rotating roster as required including night and week-end shifts.
Good people skills are an essential part of this position, as is a positive attitude and the ability to support and motivate people towards a positive lifestyle. Excellent organisation skills are an integral part of this position and there will be times where you will be required to work in isolation. You would therefore need to demonstrate a past history of nursing professionalism and excellence. Applications close 15th February 2008. Information and Job Descriptions can be gained by contacting Terry Hooker (02 9824 8943) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal record check”.
“Posted on behalf of the National Centre in HIV Social Research, UNSW
Please see the link below to an advertisement for a 12 month, full-time, Research Associate position at the National Centre in HIV Social Research at UNSW. The position will involve work on surveillance projects in hepatitis C and drug use. Closing date is 1 Feb.
“- Are you someone with leadership skills and a solid track record in managing teams to achieve service delivery targets?
– Do you want to contribute to helping individuals and significant others affected by alcohol and other drugs?
As Forensic Team Leader, your role will be to manage the Forensic team to meet service delivery targets through the coordination of processes governing forensic referrals and throughput, including intake, assessment, allocation, service delivery
You will also provide high quality treatment and support services, with a specific focus on the delivery of counselling, psychosocial and case management interventions, within a harm minimisation framework. Your leadership responsibilities will include managing the Forensic Team and providing clinical supervision to Grade 2 and 3 AOD clinicians. Other duties will include the provision of bi-monthly reports and participation in research and project work as required.
To be successful, you will have a background as a team leader or in a supervisory position, with experience and knowledge in the alcohol and drug field, community resources, the criminal justice system, treatment services and referral networks. This is combined with a tertiary qualification in health, social or behavioural sciences field, highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, intermediate Microsoft Office skills and experience in supervision and coordination of all aspects of clinical service delivery.
Please go to our website to obtain a copy of the position description: www.turningpoint.org.au.
Applications must address the key selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
To apply for this position, forward your written application and resume to Human Resources, 54 – 62 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy Vic 3065; or via email at: email@example.com by COB Wednesday, 23 January 2008.
Enquiries can be directed to Anna Wilson, (03) 8413 8429 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.”
“Registered Nurse (RN) Part-time
Leading Alcohol & Other Drugs Agency
Generous Salary Packaging
Supportive Team Environment
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to contribute to the provision of a safe and hospitable environment for clients voluntarily seeking withdrawal from the acute use of alcohol and other drugs. Joining the team of RN’s and Alcohol & Other Drugs Support Workers at our Community Residential Withdrawal Service namely Lesley-Anne Curran Place in Heidelberg you will provide clinical monitoring and observation of clients in withdrawal, manage the administration of medically prescribed drugs including methadone and buprenorphine and oversee the delivery of services to clients.
To be successful in this position you will have:
Victorian Registration as a Division 1 or 3 Nurse
Demonstrated knowledge and clinical nursing experience
Demonstrated knowledge of alcohol and other drugs issues
The ability to communicate effectively with clients and treatment providers, and to advocate on behalf of clients
Demonstrated understanding of community-based interventions for reducing harm
An understanding of the application of case planning and case management principles
Strong written communication skills, and the ability to prepare reports
Ability to work a 24/7 Mon-Sun rotating roster
For further information including a position description and details on how to apply for this job please phone 03 9384 8801 or go to the employment section on our website
Applications are to be sent to the HR Manager, 26 Jessie Street, MORELAND 3058 OR email: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is 5pm Thursday 17th January 2008.
Moreland Hall has more than 35 years experience in the statewide delivery of alcohol and other drug services; we are a leader in the field. As an employer and Registered Training Organisation, Moreland Hall is committed to providing a positive and supportive work culture where employees have access to professional development and generous salary packaging arrangements.”
“Inpatient Therapy Coordinator
Drug & Alcohol Unit
St John of God Pinelodge Clinic
St John of God Pinelodge Clinic offers acute psychiatric care and a specialist drug and alcohol service with both inpatient and day patient therapy programmes.
St John of God offers its staff excellent working conditions, a family friendly workplace, competitive remuneration, salary packaging and an opportunity to be part of the local community.
We are seeking an experienced health professional to coordinate our inpatient therapy programme. Duties will include inpatient group facilitation, individual counselling and programme development.
Essential to your success will be your tertiary qualifications and registration with the relevant professional body. You must have experience as a Psychologist or Social Worker or Nurse Therapist for a minimum of 5 years that includes group work and individual counselling.
Exposure to programme development, quality assurance and research is highly desirable.
For further information please call: Christine Iddles on 03 8793 9444.
Closing date for applications: 28th December 2007.”
“The Eastern Drug and Alcohol Service (EDAS) provides a range of innovative alcohol and drug programs to the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne. These include youth and adult counselling, outreach support for young people, group programs, medical services, and training and education. EDAS is run by a consortium of three community health services. This position is located with the Inner East Community Health Service.
EDAS is seeking a counsellor with qualifications in social work, psychology or youth work to provide drug and alcohol counselling and outreach services to young people aged 12-21 in the cities of Boroondara and Whitehorse. This challenging and dynamic position offers an exciting opportunity for a worker with a commitment to assisting young people in individual and group settings.
Inner East Community Health Service provides a supportive team environment and is committed to the provision of quality supervision. The Inner East EDAS Program Manager is a Clinical Psychologist and Registered Supervisor with the Psychologists Registration Board of Victoria.
Salary is S.A.C.S. award and includes attractive salary packaging. For further information regarding this position or to receive a position description, please contact Program Manager Helen Mentha on (03) 9818 6703 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The position description can also be downloaded from the IECHS website: www.iechs.com.au.
Applications to be sent to:
Boroondara Cmmunity Health Centre
378 Burwood Rd
Hawthorn VIC 3122
Applications close 31 December 2007
ODYSSEY HOUSE – MAGISTRATES EARLY REFERRAL into TREATMENT (MERIT) PROGRAM
WAVERLEY COURTCASE MANAGER – MERIT Program
Odyssey House operates the MERIT Program at Waverley Court and we are looking to employ an enthusiastic and dynamic person to join our small team as a Case Manager. MERIT is a 12 week drug diversion treatment program for clients with substance use problems who are also clients of the criminal justice system.
Applications can be forwarded by either Post, Email or Fax and need to be received by the close of business on the 11th December 2007
CONTACT DETAILS:Michelle Tziarkas, Community Services Manager, Odyssey House
1st Floor, 431 Elizabeth Street
SURRY HILLS NSW 2010
PHONE: (02) 92815144 FAX: (02) 92815146
Applications need to address Essential and Desirable Criteria as outlined below.
· Tertiary qualifications in a Health related discipline or equivalent.
· Demonstrated understanding of contemporary methods of alcohol and other drugs client service delivery.
· Demonstrated capacity to provide assessment, case management and coordinated care to clients referred to the MERIT Program.
· Demonstrated ability to work and contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
· Demonstrated ability to provide quality written reports within allocated time frames.
· Familiarity with common office computer packages, including word processing.
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of and commitment to implement the principles of OH&S, EEO and Quality Improvement.
· Experience in counselling and group work.
· Experience in working with the Criminal Justice System.
· Experience in working with a variety of health and welfare settings.
Award Classification: In Accordance with relevant Award Classification
Hours of duty: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Place of work: Odyssey House MERIT Program
1st floor, 431 Elizabeth Street Surry Hills NSW 2010
MERIT Program Case Managers will be expected to undertake duties at Waverly Court.C
ASE MANAGER – MERIT PROGRAM -Duties of Position:
· Conduct comprehensive assessments on referred clients, taking into consideration current criminal charges, criminal history, and mental health status, history of drug use and psychosocial history.
· Provide accurate and appropriate advice to the Court in relation to individual client history and suitability to enter the MERIT Program.
· Provide comprehensive and intensive case management and where necessary crisis intervention to clients.
· Develop and implement detailed client case plans that address treatment needs and include client risk evaluation to self and others.
· Continually evaluate individual treatment outcomes and conduct case reviews as required.
· Provide intensive counselling and support to MERIT clients and their families as identified in the client’s case plan and in accordance with best practise and evidence based treatment approaches.
· Compile detailed and comprehensive client profiles through investigative interviews, consultation with significant others and review of relevant material such as criminal histories to identify appropriate treatment options.
· Provide confidential reports to the Courts and Police – reporting upon client assessment, individual progress and details of breach(s) and other pertinent information as required.
· Develop and maintain viable networks and partnerships with committees, departments, service providers, referrals agents, SESIAHS. Criminal Justice System, Police, Legal Aid and other Stakeholders.
· Attend weekly supervision with Community Services Manager and monthly external clinical supervision.
· Contribute to the development and operation of a quality and structured outpatient treatment program based on best practise and evidence based treatment.
· Comply with OH & S statutory requirements and all OH & S policy and procedures.
· Participate and promote Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
· Comply with Odyssey House policies and procedures.
· Comply with MERIT Program policies and procedures.
· Utililise, and support the use of, all processes and procedures consistent with the therapeutic community philosophy and that of Odyssey House McGrath Foundation.
· Undertake all orientation and training relevant to the position of MERIT Case Worker and other education as recommended/approved by the Community Services Manager