The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services.
Brisbane Recovery Services Centre (Moonyah) seeks to bring hope, healing and wholeness to all people adversely affected by alcohol, other drugs and gambling by providing a range of services and support to addicts, families and significant others whose lives have been affected by addiction. This can include group discussions, one-on-one sessions, alcohol and drug education, chapel services, work activity therapy and vocational training. Our centres are abstinence-based, drug-free environments and our programmes provide a holistic treatment service that will help achieve physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual well-being.
They are seeking a values-driven and dedicated Registered Nurse reporting to the Team Leader. You will provide specialised withdrawal management (detox) nursing services, clinical assessments, mental and physical health care, referral for addiction medical assistance as required to people undergoing detox, within a safe and culturally appropriate manner.
This is a casual position based at the Brisbane Recovery Services Centre (Moonyah) in Red Hill.
You will successfully
- Provide quality nursing assessment, support and treatment in line with Queensland Alcohol and Drug Withdrawal Clinical Practice Guidelines (the Guidelines)
- Support and liaise with visiting medical officers and other medical officers (MO) as needed
- Dispense and administer medication to manage withdrawal symptoms as per the Guidelines
- Admit and discharge clients while maintaining case notes and other required documentation and handover at the change of shifts
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
You will have
- Tertiary qualification in Nursing and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Clinical nursing and assessment skills and understanding of professional nursing requirements
- Desirable minimum 2 years experience and demonstrated competence in nursing in the alcohol and other drugs nursing environment, including working with people with mental health conditions
- Demonstrated current knowledge of the Guidelines and issues relating to withdrawal management
- Demonstrated skills in triage, medical assessment, decision making and providing appropriate nursing interventions and provide crisis support
- Current Drivers licence
- A willingness to undergo a National Police check.
Applications close 1.2.2022.
Find out more. Click HERE.