“Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre.
Case Referral Coordinator: full time
(Senior Graduate HEO; Social worker, Psychologist Clinical Nurse Consultant)
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified health professional to join our team at the Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre (MSIC), which has been operating since May 2001. The position will be responsible for coordinating the assessment and referral of MSIC clients to drug treatment services. It will also involve monitoring and evaluating this effort.
Essential criteria :
· Tertiary qualifications in clinical psychology, social work or nursing
· Experience in assessment of injecting drug users for the full range of treatments for drug dependence.
· Minimum 5 years post graduate experience
· Approved Post Graduate qualifications relevant to the field or such qualifications or experience deemed appropriate by the MSIC
· Knowledge of relevant services, service liaison skills
· Demonstrated report writing skills
· Be willing to work within the harm reduction framework.
· Registration or eligible for registration of relevant professional board
· Research experience
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively unsupervised
Staff will be employed through the War Memorial Hospital, Waverley, a facility of South Eastern Sydney Illawarra Area Health Service. Secondments will be considered supported from other Area Health Services.
Salary in accordance with the relevant State Hospital Award
For further information and a full job description please contact Colette McGrath Clinical Services Manager on 9360 1191 or send a CV to:
Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre
PO Box 293
Or e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17/10/08”