Strength in Numbers
DANA members enjoy many additional benefits because of the signed commitments DANA has made with partnering organisations such as:
- The Australasian Society for HIV Medicine (ASHM) DANA has negotiated an agreement which extends most of the benefits of ASHM membership to all DANA members at no extra individual cost!
- The Australian Association for Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy (AACBT) This provides DANA members increased access to CBT related professional development opportunities and enhancement of evidence-based practice.
The DANA Executive has identified and developed working relationships with other organisations to the mutual benefit of DANA members and the members of the partnering organisation. In many instances the relationship has resulted in a signed commitment, or Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) between DANA and the partnering organisation to undertake related activities in a specified manner.
Benefits to DANA members from the MOU with ASHM include:
- Discounted registration to the annual Australasian HIV/AIDS Conference;
- Free or discounted training courses and seminars contributing to professional development and continuing professional registration requirements;
- Networking opportunities;
- Professional teaching, training and writing opportunities, and
- Contribution to the development of guidelines, standards and policies.
DANA’s MOU with the AACBT has meant that the two organisations
- consult each other regarding major policy initiatives;
- promote each others’ events and conferences;
- provide professional information to support DANA led nursing initiatives involving CBT.
DANA is a long-time member of the Coalition of National Nursing and Midwifery Organisations (CoNNMO); and alliance of more than 55 nursing/ midwifery organisations that work collectively to advance our profession and improve healthcare.