ODYSSEY HOUSE – MAGISTRATES EARLY REFERRAL into TREATMENT (MERIT) PROGRAM
WAVERLEY COURTCASE MANAGER – MERIT Program
Odyssey House operates the MERIT Program at Waverley Court and we are looking to employ an enthusiastic and dynamic person to join our small team as a Case Manager. MERIT is a 12 week drug diversion treatment program for clients with substance use problems who are also clients of the criminal justice system.
Applications can be forwarded by either Post, Email or Fax and need to be received by the close of business on the 11th December 2007
CONTACT DETAILS:Michelle Tziarkas, Community Services Manager, Odyssey House
1st Floor, 431 Elizabeth Street
SURRY HILLS NSW 2010
PHONE: (02) 92815144 FAX: (02) 92815146
Applications need to address Essential and Desirable Criteria as outlined below.
· Tertiary qualifications in a Health related discipline or equivalent.
· Demonstrated understanding of contemporary methods of alcohol and other drugs client service delivery.
· Demonstrated capacity to provide assessment, case management and coordinated care to clients referred to the MERIT Program.
· Demonstrated ability to work and contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
· Demonstrated ability to provide quality written reports within allocated time frames.
· Familiarity with common office computer packages, including word processing.
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of and commitment to implement the principles of OH&S, EEO and Quality Improvement.
· Experience in counselling and group work.
· Experience in working with the Criminal Justice System.
· Experience in working with a variety of health and welfare settings.
Award Classification: In Accordance with relevant Award Classification
Hours of duty: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Place of work: Odyssey House MERIT Program
1st floor, 431 Elizabeth Street Surry Hills NSW 2010
MERIT Program Case Managers will be expected to undertake duties at Waverly Court.C
ASE MANAGER – MERIT PROGRAM -Duties of Position:
· Conduct comprehensive assessments on referred clients, taking into consideration current criminal charges, criminal history, and mental health status, history of drug use and psychosocial history.
· Provide accurate and appropriate advice to the Court in relation to individual client history and suitability to enter the MERIT Program.
· Provide comprehensive and intensive case management and where necessary crisis intervention to clients.
· Develop and implement detailed client case plans that address treatment needs and include client risk evaluation to self and others.
· Continually evaluate individual treatment outcomes and conduct case reviews as required.
· Provide intensive counselling and support to MERIT clients and their families as identified in the client’s case plan and in accordance with best practise and evidence based treatment approaches.
· Compile detailed and comprehensive client profiles through investigative interviews, consultation with significant others and review of relevant material such as criminal histories to identify appropriate treatment options.
· Provide confidential reports to the Courts and Police – reporting upon client assessment, individual progress and details of breach(s) and other pertinent information as required.
· Develop and maintain viable networks and partnerships with committees, departments, service providers, referrals agents, SESIAHS. Criminal Justice System, Police, Legal Aid and other Stakeholders.
· Attend weekly supervision with Community Services Manager and monthly external clinical supervision.
· Contribute to the development and operation of a quality and structured outpatient treatment program based on best practise and evidence based treatment.
· Comply with OH & S statutory requirements and all OH & S policy and procedures.
· Participate and promote Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
· Comply with Odyssey House policies and procedures.
· Comply with MERIT Program policies and procedures.
· Utililise, and support the use of, all processes and procedures consistent with the therapeutic community philosophy and that of Odyssey House McGrath Foundation.
· Undertake all orientation and training relevant to the position of MERIT Case Worker and other education as recommended/approved by the Community Services Manager